Moroccan Fish with Chickpeas and Cilantro
1 1/2 lbs fresh fish cod, sea bass or halibut filets about 6oz each .
1-2 cups cooked chickpeas / or 1 can
1 can of crushed tomatoes
1 jar roasted red pepper
2 tablespoon tomato taste
1 red chili flakes to taste
1 tsp paprika sweet or spicy
6 cloves garlic peeled and sliced
1 spray of SG Liquid Cumin
1 spray of SG Liquid Chili
1 spray of SG Liquid Black Pepper
1/4 cup olive oil or canola
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup cilantro cleaned and chopped
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil add garlic and fry for couple of minutes until golden, add tomatoes paste and melt into the oil , add roasted bell pepper, chickpeas and diced tomatoes. Stir well and add the spray gourmet spices.
- Cover and bring to a simmer.
- Wash the fish in cold water , pet dry the filets , sprinkle with salt and Add fish fillets to the sauce and Spoon the sauce and chickpeas over the fish fillets so they are covered, then cook for another 15 minutes covered.
- Reduce to simmer for about 30 minutes to an hour or until the sauce starts to reduce. The fish will stay moist as long as it is at least partially submerged in the sauce turn off fire sprinkle chopped cilantro.
- Plate the fillet first, then spoon the chickpeas and sauce over it, then garnish with a little cilantro. Serve warm.